Saturday, December 1, 2012

"Wisdom" Literature

       This is the first time I've ever glanced at one of H. Jackson Brown, Jr.'s Life's Little Instruction Calendar entries and thought, "The opposite is true."

       "Life's too short to eat brown bananas, cold pizza, or drink warm beer."  No.  "Life's too short not to eat brown bananas, cold pizza, or drink warm beer."  When it's what you've got, have it!  

       I'm not much of a beer drinker, but I know I could put up with warm beer as I have fairly often  the other two:  when the banana's browning, it can still be surprisingly welcoming under the peel, and cold pizza retains plenty of what you liked when it was hot.

       What I'm willing to bet is, I'm a lot closer to the end of life than Brown was when he wrote, "Life's too short"!

No comments:

Post a Comment