Sunday, December 30, 2012

"It's Easy, Just..."


       Another gripe before year's end.  I love doing this blog, and I'm sure Blogger is as good and simple and user-friendly an employer of explanatory language as anybody on the Web.  But Blogger, like most, still assumes more readiness to comprehend directions than this user is able to muster.

       My warning sign for something I'm not going to "get" is the word "just," as in "To do so, just go to your Settings / Formatting tab and set the 'Show Link fields' option to 'Yes.'"  I would "go" if I knew where it was.  The "just" implies a simple, easy move is about to be described.

       I know, the answer is, take some time from writing the blog to learn how to publish the blog.  And I'm willing to do so.   So I'm not really complaining.  But maybe people could employ a few less "justs," if only to acknowledge a comment by Dylan Thomas speaking of a toy he received as a child at Christmas with "easy instructions for little engineers":   "Easy for Leonardo!" 

1 comment: