Saturday, December 22, 2012

Getting Caught by Words


       Can this “getting caught by words” be passed on to a third generation?!  I picked up daughter Elizabeth and grandson Micah at the local Metrolink stop on a recent visit, they having arrived by overnight train from Tucson.  A thrill for me...I had never been to our very own train station, well, platform.

        As we pulled away in my car, Micah pipes up from the back seat rhapsodically, ”The Famous Los Angeles Toilet!”  What?  I turn and see a handsome, elliptical, stand-alone structure with those very words running prominently around the top (minus "the famous”).  Elizabeth had me wheel around for her to see too.

        We all took glee in it:

                                Los Angeles Toilet

proudly displayed for arriving passengers to wonder at.  And Micah, 9 1/2, caught it.

1 comment:

  1. Out of the mouth of babes, or at least my favorite 9 year old boy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete