Wednesday, December 19, 2012

"Feckless"


       Our government's inability to come to terms with the fiscal crisis in the past year and a half has at least one beneficial result.  I finally know the meaning of the word "feckless."

       I knew it wasn't a positive word but really didn't know its meaning.  (Couldn't figure out what it would be to be "without feck.")

       Well, it's Scottish in origin and feck is an alternative word for "effect," without effect, worthless, irresponsible, lacking vitality, feeble, ineffective, careless.

       Yes, yes, that's it...our government.

1 comment:

  1. And here I thought "feck" was a potty word. Now knowing the accurate definition, and the application to define our government, I can see I was correct - it is a potty word.

    ReplyDelete