Friday, October 24, 2014

LATEXTRA Gone! Read All About It!


       A section of the L.A. Times is gone as of this week.  I rhapsodized over it a couple of years ago.  It was called LATEXTRA, and it would give more late-breaking news than the Front section could.   A response to television's and the Internet's timeliness.

       I loved that the "E" was red and served both words, which were butted up against each other like a website or emailaddress on your digital device.

       But more important, the section also sent fresh Metro reporters, mostly female, out to find human interest stories in L.A.  It got to be my favorite section; I'd read it first, as a kind of secret vice--interesting, well-written, local. . .articles done with a reporter's personal passion.  We need that to keep us grounded!

       I'm nostalgic for LATEXTRA. . .already.

No comments:

Post a Comment