Thursday, October 2, 2014

I Ran Away with Language, Staying Right at Home


       Every good long-term habit I've had has been a daily practice pertaining to language.

       *  V-mails I wrote to my older brother Dick during World War II, blue, light-weight paper, a single thin sheet folded.  Mailed weekly, but I wrote daily and fit the meager things I had to report in my early teens into seven carefully printed entries.  Through North Africa, Italy, and into the South Pacific Dick went.  Two, three years, one packed page a week from me.

       *  Learning  one new word a day for meaning and one for pronunciation my first year of college, 365 days.  Creating a sentence in which the new word could be used and reviewing the word from yesterday and the week preceding.

       *  Now this blog, 135 word limit, almost two years of daily posts.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment