Sunday, September 1, 2013

How Do Old Songs Come Back?


       How do old songs come back?  My experience is, a relaxed state of mind, and some odd association either by a chance word or rhythm:

  •  This morning I sat tired but at ease after tennis, thinking it was Sunday, and suddenly I was singing, "I want a Sunday kind of love, a love that lasts past Saturday night, a love that's more than just a love at first sight, I want a Sunday kind of love." 
  •  My January 3, 2013 post told how saying the word "gorgonzola" at dinner time brought back a forgotten song with the same 4-beat meter and rhyming ending, "Amapola."
  •  Once Connie asked me what was wrong with my pants that needed sewing.  I said, "The seams, the seams, it seems" ... "Seems Like Old Times, having you to talk with." 

1 comment: