Monday, August 19, 2013

"Pro" 4: "Procrastinate," "Promise"


       I am writing "prose," though sometimes I cite verse.  Each has its use in my ongoing "project," this blog.  I have "cast ahead," planned and intended, as my description above says, "a daily entry of something interesting regarding language."  But what it requires is a regular application of the seat of the pants to a chair and the wiggling of fingers on a keyboard.

       In other words, I cannot "procrastinate"--"put forward to tomorrow" (cras meaning "tomorrow") what needs doing today.  If I miss the midnight deadline, I must make up the next day with two posts, or, I have failed what I've "projected."  And probably worst of all, I've failed myself.

       "So, Don, don't procrastinate, or your project won't fulfill its promise, i.e., what has been 'sent forth.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment