Friday, July 12, 2013

The Need to Reconnect


       I made a call to a cousin whom Connie and I hadn't seen nor talked with in several years but have a shared history with in New York City and in the Twin Cities. There's a close kinship with many memories, laughs, sympatico attitudes. We just hadn't talked in too long.

       I wasn't sure I even had the right phone number because I knew they'd moved but gave it a try:

        Her Voice: (Inquiring) Hello?
        Mine: (Smiling with satisfaction) Shirrr-ley.
        Hers: (Recognizing) Don?
        Mine: (Amazed but not really)  A syllable or two and we know who
                    we are.
        Shir: How are you?
        Me: How are you?
        Shir: I asked you first.
        Don: I called you.

It doesn't take any more than that when the line's connecting two people who needed to talk to each other. . .as the next hour attested!  

1 comment:

  1. LOVE THIS DON!!!!! I picture you the same way...smiling and always happy. Big Loves.

    ReplyDelete