Friday, July 19, 2013

"PET-i-TUDE"?


       After shopping, I noticed the name on the business next door and thought it was kind of weird:


Seeing the added-on banner underneath, I wondered why they changed the name and what it had been.  I stepped in and inquired to a clerk who was free at his register.

       The name was "Pet People," a chain I gather, and I was told when the company was sold, they didn't like the new ownership and dropped out.   Of course, they couldn't keep the name legally; hence the name change.

       But "PET-i-TUDE"?  Maybe it's a play on "attitude," a word I note their former company uses online to suggest a positive, fun approach toward pets.  Mightn't this store have done better with "PET FOLKS"?   Anyway, I hope business is doing well.

No comments:

Post a Comment