Saturday, November 1, 2014

"Coming Back Like a Song," Part 1


       Maybe it's because some pop singers are hitting it big at the moment--Tony Bennett with Lady Gaga,  Taylor Swift--that I'm thinking about what makes songs suddenly pop into our memory.

       I first started noticing a flood of songs coming back to me shortly after I retired.  "I catch myself singing these days," my journal says.  "It feels good."

       "Sentimental Journey," "There's a Small Hotel," "I've Grown Accustomed to Your Face," "Who Wouldn't Love You?" "An Irish Lullaby."  Journal:  "I'm loosening up the memory trails." 

       "You Do Something to Me," "Blue Moon," "Amapola," "It Had to Be You," "Get Me to the Church on Time."  These all in one day!  There were so many I decided to try to capture what triggered a song coming into my head.

                             (Continued Tomorrow)

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to believe that with my odd yet creative way of leaving voice mail messages, this recent blog entry might have stirred the Sentimental Journey for you and Connie. I relish in the uniqueness of unexpected messages on your machine.

    ReplyDelete