Sunday, November 2, 2014

"Coming Back Like a Song," Part 2


       I discovered three associations that bring back songs to me:  verbal, visual, and rhythmic.

       Driving along, hot sun coming through window on an early May day,  I say, "Oh, that feels SO NICE."  I hear myself saying it, then suddenly I'm singing, "You'd be SO NICE to come home to."

       Connie asks me what's wrong with the pants that need sewing.  I say, "The seams, the seams, it seems."  Then I'm off singing, "Seems like old times, having you to talk with."

       One day Connie mentions she thought she'd heard rain, but it wasn't raining.  A couple minutes later I'm singing, "Soon it's Gonna Rain."

       Dressing for tennis one morning, I muse "only five hours sleep," it transposes immediately into "Only five minutes more, give me five minutes more, only five minutes more in your arms."

          (For another verbal example I posted, including the song itself, please click here.)

      Red letter day.  Blog's 2nd anniversary.  Happy Birthday, Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment