Saturday, November 29, 2014

What, "Mad Libs" again?


       Well, unlike yester-DAY,  yester-EVENING was full of fun words with family as I somehow resurrected the Chanukah Mad Libs from last year, and we engaged with it after dinner.

       As you know, the authors supply stories, but with blanks; the group fill in the blanks with their own nouns, adjectives, etc., but don't yet know the story.  Then the leader reads it with our words filled in.  Grandson Micah and Grandpa Don were especially overcome with hilarity by this one:


                                      HANUKKAH AT MY HOUSE

         In my family, each person gets to light one   belly-button   on the menorrah.  Then we sing songs like "  Bananas   of Ages."  Afterward Mom serves   psychotic   treats like potato   porch swings   and doughnuts, and we all eat until our   kidneys   are full.

         Along with   burning    gifts, it's traditional to give money on Hanukkah, so each night my father gives all us kids   17   dollars!  We play games like dreidel and "Toss the   Sushi  ."

         Then comes my favorite part:  We open all the beautifully wrapped   pills   that we bought for one another.  This year I gave my sister some   bar bells   to go with her dollhouse, and I got some   swishing   blocks for my brother.  I can't wait to see what I got this year.  I hope it's a pet  Dubai 

(from HANUKKAH MAD LIBS, Price Stern Sloan publisher, 2012) 
For a previous family effort at this madness, go to this site.  

No comments:

Post a Comment