Thursday, September 11, 2014

Would iPhone Know Samsung's name?


       I love using iPhone's speech recognition capabilities to accelerate the texting process.  Besides I'm an old speech and radio kind of guy; put a mike in front of me, and I'll respond.

       I was messaging with David about Apple's smart phone compared to Samsung's, and when I said "Samsung" into the microphone, I wondered if iPhone might mistranslate it on purpose.  It came back "sam's song," which I thought was kind of nice; so I let it be sent.

       But then I wondered, could it actually get it right?  I pronounced it more carefully, and it came back perfect,  correctly spelled; however, it was underlined, which meant iPhone wasn't sure and gave me two more in case.  The alternates were "Sam soon" and "Sam's soon."

       I rejected them, but nodded approvingly at iPhone's thoroughness.

No comments:

Post a Comment