Sunday, September 21, 2014

"pic Q you a" language


       Speech recognition sometimes shows you OTHER words that MATCH EXACTLY the sounds you gave it.  Example:   I said "will erase," and iPhone texted "Willy race."

       Yesterday, I said "be in touch with us," and it came back "be in Taitsch with us."  I thought that was funny, and why the capital T?  iPhone knew, as I didn't, that "Taitsch House" was a beautiful restored house in Fredericksburg, Texas.  I repeated the word, and iPhone gave me back "touch."   Slight differentiations in pronunciation or energy can do that.

       In messaging my son David about the tremendously effective, yet sometimes "peculiar" ways of speech recognition, the text came up "pic Q you a" which is funny but not far off in sound!

       Since I've always hovered between speech and writing, I'm puzzled and fascinated with this.    

No comments:

Post a Comment