Saturday, September 27, 2014

iPhone and I: Creative Mishearing


       My own hearing has been gradually deteriorating for, I suppose 15 years, or more, but I still struggle with myself and others (especially others), resisting getting hearing aids even if, as my son says, I should think of it as "glasses for the ears."

       But I've got someone (something?) that's right up there with me in the hearing department.

       David and I were texting .  I messaged him something I knew he would want to know at a timely moment.  He texted me back "Thanks."  Then here's what I spoke into iPhone's microphone:
 

                                    "Welcome.  Lots to talk about."
 

And this is the text I got back which iPhone wanted to send:


                                         "Welcome to Taco Bell."


Not bad, iPhone, I could have come up with that one myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment