Sunday, June 1, 2014

Tongue Twisters United


      I usually read Sandy Banks's columns in the L.A. Times for loftier reasons than the following.

       But, as usual, when a good tongue twister shows up, I'll smell it out despite more elevated, important meanings elsewhere in the article.  Last Saturday's piece about why it's difficult to throw away old things in our drawers and cabinets, has meaning for this particular procrastinator; so I cut it out for further contemplation in pursuit of ridding myself of the hoarding habit.

       But this Tongue Twister was too good to pass by!  Sandy's replacing of old kitchen spice containers for new ones was the occasion.  Can you say it five times FAST without busting a syllable?


              "I sprang for fancy spinning spice racks"


      


No comments:

Post a Comment