Sunday, June 8, 2014

Odd Names for Tomato Plants


         Looking to pick up some potted plants of an heirloom variety so we could grow them for our summer table, I was seeking "Cherokee" or "Black Cherry" which Connie had mentioned.  Closest I could find to possibly fll the bill didn't sound promising:  "Mortgage Lifter."  Whatever that had to do with, it didn't seem to be tomatoes.

       Connie, the usual purchaser anyway, went later by herself and found reason to think "Mortgage Lifters" would be fine and bought one.

       When she got home and told me, I was almost into a doze but asked Connie, "Did you get any other kind?"  "Toilet Cleaner" came the answer, which woke me up enough to observe, "That's further afield than 'Mortgage Lifter.'  "No," she laughed.  "That was from hardware right next to OSH's garden shop."

No comments:

Post a Comment