Saturday, June 7, 2014

My Email to Dylan Hernandez, L.A. Times Sports Page


       I've been following your accounts of the Dodgers daily all last year and now this.  May I suggest that the new format of covering the team this year might be making a contribution to the team's troubles?  Sounds outlandish, I know, but the more the main article keeps focusing on the "bigger picture" and pervasive issues that seem to surround the Dodgers, and the nuts and bolts of what went on in today's game is boxed and grayed into a sidebar, the more the game itself seems like a sidebar too!  I don't see how that can help but influence how players, manager, readers, everybody experiences what's going on.  The story never seems to be today's game!  This kind of journalistic format is not satisfying my interest in the Dodgers on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment