Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Getting to Know the Microphone on my Smartphone


       I like that I can send a text message by touching the microphone icon, saying what I'm thinking, and watching a pretty darn accurate text representation of what I said there on the little screen.

       But last night I did this long text to my daughter, mentioning I had to get to bed early, doing a broadcast tomorrow morning.  The little wizard captured my words almost exactly paragraph on end.  I didn't know whether Elizabeth was still up.  But she texted me right away, "sleep well da!"

       Surprised, I wanted to give a quick goodnight to her.  I spoke my three words, "Thanks, you too," let it transcribe to text, and sent it.  I've always thought my articulation and pronunciation were pretty top-drawer, but this is what my daughter received:  "Thanks, YouTube."

No comments:

Post a Comment