Friday, May 29, 2015

The L.A. Slackers?



       The L.A. Dodgers have met their nemesis in each of the last two postseasons:  The St. Louis Cardinals put the kibosh on 'em and ended their year before they could claw their way into the World Series.

       Here's a sentence from an article in the L.A. Times this morning by Zach Helfand:


       "Few teams have hit Kershaw as well as the Cardinals, whose success against him has become the central mystery of L.A.'s lack of postseason success."


       I suppose I'm crazy, I know, but I keep reading a couple words there as "L.A. slack."

       The Dodgers meet St. Louis today. . .this weekend. . .for the first time since last October; I'm hoping they see they need to take up the "slack" before they can beat a really fine team like the Cardinals.  

No comments:

Post a Comment