Monday, May 4, 2015

"Empty Nesters"


       Seeing two birds flapping and fluttering under the eaves of our patio to a location somewhere in the patio this morning reminded me of the bird I saw the other day just beyond our patio pick up and sort of weigh and balance and consider a twig and then take it and fly in.

       That made me think (and today it was confirmed) there's a couple building a nest in our patio--and I saw it.   
  
       It's exciting!  But mainly it made me think how for granted we take our relationship with other sentient and wild beings that accompany us on the planet.

       Do we notice that we say, "Yeah, our kids have flown.  We're empty nesters now."  They're hardly metaphors!  Fellow creatures are how we know some things, and it's in our language.

No comments:

Post a Comment