Thursday, May 21, 2015

"Clos du Bois"


       Make-up Mother's Day lobster dinner with Connie tonight:  she loved it as usual, i.e., every year.  I didn't think my lobster was bad either.

       We couldn't have the Pinot Grigio we liked and wanted because, I guess, they were out of it temporarily.   The waiter asked us, "Would you mind having [cloy du boys]?"  I looked skeptical.  He said it was the only other Pinot Grigio they had.

       It was the name that got me, didn't sound like anybody's good wine.  [cloy du boys] turned out to be [cloh du bwah], spelled Clos du Bois, and the price confirmed I was in good territory.

       You know if  it's wine and it sounds French and then it's spelled French, you aren't taking too much of a chance.  And it was good!

      Shouldn't a waiter in a pretty expensive restaurant know how to pronounce the wine list!    

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete