Sunday, May 17, 2015

"Save SAVE. SAVE!!!!!!", Part 1


       Glancing through some "Free Writing" I did a number of years back--just writing without stopping and no going back, for ten minutes--I came across this segment I'll quote for you:

       My parents used to tell me of folks from the “old country” who wound rubber bands linto a ball, a arger and larger ball not to waste the rubbaerbands but use them again, maybe it became a ball you could play with, I don’t know and bouce it for your ids to use.  People saved string and wound it into bals so as not to waste, balls ao string, bigger and bigger and BIGGER yes, waste not want not, my mother oftensaid and taught ito to my kids, and they know it.  don’t leave a room without turning off the lights, don’t waste the electricity; wasteot want tnot.  Who needs that ligght after ou’ve eft the room.  so those sox get mended, and mended and mended.  Connie just throws them away, not worth it.  What family did she come from?  Not one with od word memories, not one that was pooror had pooess i the genes or knew that you didn’t come by thigs easily and might ose thigs any old time  Why am I so conservatie?  Don’t gamel, might lose.  Loo out, and peope are out to take thigs away rom you to.  Save SAVE.  SAVE!!!!!!

      (This passage reminded me of a Robert Frost poem, which shall be my next post.) 




No comments:

Post a Comment