Sunday, April 6, 2014

YYURYYUBICURYY4ME


[Please see yesterday's post before going further.]

       I was reminded of this puzzle while listening on the air to a discussion among scientists on chromosomes that differentiate the sexes.  The X's and Y's were flowing.  Did I hear "Two X's and one Y," "Two Y's and one X"?  "Two Y's"?   

       My friend Eric had put me on to the above puzzle/poem, and my difficulty with it had been I couldn't make the first two letters say "Two Y's," which would have unlocked the conundrum:

       Too wise you are
       Too wise you be
       I see you are
       Too wise for me

       While listening to the scientists, I also realized what a panoply "Two Y's" had for the ear:

       Two Y's
       Two I's
       Two eyes
       Too wise

They are all pronounced exactly the same!
       

No comments:

Post a Comment