Wednesday, January 8, 2014

"It's Not Your Way. It's Yahweh."


       Spying this saying or motto stenciled on the back of the car ahead of me this morning reminded me of an earlier saying or catch-phrase I'd seen on the front of a church as I passed by it in a vehicle:

                                                  Let Go.
                                    Let God.

My eyes wouldn't let me look away until I was sure I had this one:

                             It's not your way.  It's
                     Yahweh. 

"Yahweh" is an Englishing of the Hebrew for "Lord," and, of course, a pun on "your way."

       The similarity between the two sayings is striking.  Both catch-phrases promoting God in your life, for sure; both wonderful playing with the language; both transforming the ego-driven secular into the transcendence of the Deity in the flash of an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment