Thursday, June 20, 2013

56 Years and Counting!


       Our 56th wedding anniverary, and I looked it up online, asking what was special about the 56th; you know, paper, copper, whatever.  I found that there's nothing special about the 56th. 

       But I did like one of the comments made by an online reader after that answer was given to someone else's same question two years ago:

       "It's a bloody miracle!  You both should be wearing gold stars all day long."

Connie and I are assuming that attitude for ourselves.

2 comments:

  1. congrats my lovely parental unit! the best thing, the "bloody miracle", is that you are still *in* love!

    much love,

    elizabeth/kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. if ever a model existed of true love, and the endurance of hearts that were meant to be intertwined forever, it's you two lovable, crazy, wild, passionate people.

    Beshert, in Yiddish, means "your perfect match, your soul mate, your destiny."

    I believe this Jewish philosophy to encompass all that is the wonder Salper union of wedded bliss.

    I envy you both. loads of love....one of your many adopted adult kiddos! Ann

    ReplyDelete