Thursday, March 26, 2020

The Wednesday Torah Study class was on--line.


        I attended my first "Zoom" class on this, my home computer.

        I was nervous.  I got there...here...40 minutes early; I even dressed up.  I didn't want to be shabby for teacher and others in a new environment.

        Our group's need (coronavirus) and the technology's arrival and installation occurred at once!  People could be together in sight and hearing from their own homes!

         I didn't make a single move but sat in wonder.  I listened to voices, saw faces, and read text on the screen, I experienced teaching that was more in-my-lap and accessible than if it were in person.

         85 years ago Mom left me off for my first exposure to new people and location and learning at Groveland Park Grade School.  Today felt like that first day of kindergarten.


1

No comments:

Post a Comment