Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Tense Times, Language Makes Us Laugh


        Son David insists either he or our helper Sonia, who is here part of weekdays,  get my two-week grocery shopping list instead of me, while Connie and I stay away from public contact.  David shopped yesterday.

        Today Sonia took my remaining list to Ralph's and came home with the goods, our joint pleasure unwinding the tension that had accompanied this whole process.

        Sonia wondered about one thing, why I wanted two boxes of what she pulled out of the bag last:  drumsticks;  yes, I had requested them, but these were chicken drumsticks, and I intended the ice cream cone product covered with chocolate and nuts!

        We laughed heartily about that; in fact, we laughed infectiously, from one person to the other, in one part of the house or another, the whole rest of the day.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment