Monday, November 7, 2016

"The Dump Song"


       While driving, I listen to what's called the "Unforgettable" radio station that wonderfully but shamelessly plays the "Great American Songbook" 24-7 on its 1260 a.m. airwaves in Los Angeles.

       Most of the songs I recall and love from my childhood and youth and sing right along with the artists who are, yes, shamelessly (shamefully!) never introduced, never back-announced, never named, AND no titles, no composers, no conductors are ever given.

       Speaking voices come in periodically, announcing only their own first names and mentioning "Unforgettable."

       Last Friday, I hummed listening to one song I could barely remember, gradually picking out the prominent background beat--"DUMP da-de-dee DUMP da-de-dee DUMP da-de-dee DUMP DUMP."

       As I "sang" that this morning, Connie appropriately titled it for me:  "The Dump Song."
  

No comments:

Post a Comment