Monday, November 28, 2016

Arising after "Arrival"


       We saw the science-fiction movie Arrival yesterday, how to communicate with "arrivals" from elsewhere, very different creatures.  But the theories behind it all didn't make much sense onscreen to Connie and me.

       This morning, Connie nudged me to get up, it was time.  I reached for her hand to indicate I was awake, and to do some hand-teasing, she chuckling a little sleepily, returning the gesture, I curled our fingers together; then I tickled her palm uttering "Meezala, Mazzala, Kitchi-kitchi-kitchi-coo," fingers racing up her palm and wrist (my grandma's way of teasing us kids).

       Connie relented, "We have five more minutes to sleep."  I think instead, realizing my blog post today, thankful for touch, and spoken language with its visible signs, whether alien creatures could ever decipher them or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment