Monday, November 14, 2016

"Breadcrumbs" Will Lead You Back Home


       My weather website sometimes uses the arcane language of computer-speak, but it's sweetened with user-friendliness:


       "If you are not finding the information you want, please . . . note the navigation tabs just above the breadcrumbs, which are links to other data relating to this city."


       Now I'll be sure to look for those navigation tabs just above the breadcrumbs if I only knew what breadcrumbs were and where to find THEM.  (Because then I might learn what navigation tabs are.)

       Fortunately I find a Webopedia Definition for "breadcrumbs":  "Breadcrumbs is a website navigation technique.  Links appear horizontally near the top of a page, providing links back to each previous page in the site hierarchy."

       OK!  (Maybe.)  And I do love breadcrumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment