Wednesday, November 2, 2016

"Pleasure awaits your company."


       Not often does a Chinese cookie give me pause for thought.  I liked it at once, not quite knowing why.  At first, I thought how nice it was, thinking of it as someone saying it to me.  Pleasure won't arrive until I'm there to be with that person.  Wow!  What a compliment.

       Then I thought, is it just I who brings the pleasure?  Or, is it just our being together that's the pleasure?  But perhaps, we have to foray out into the world as companions for the pleasure then to materialize, a joint adventure.

       Or, look, it has nothing to do with me, us, NOR things we do together!  It's just pleasure tapping its toe impatiently until I get off my duff:  it doesn't like to wait!

       Or, I make pleasure happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment