Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Reading at the Movies


       Connie, David, and I were watching a movie in our local theater, when I was suddenly aware there was a glowing light in my line of sight to the screen.

       I thought I was seeing some words, in white on black.  There were no subtitles. Wait, it was in the row just ahead of me.

       Oh, it was a smartphone, but why's the person read...?  Then I caught a word or two or three.  And a couple more.  They were the words of the dialogue taking place on screen!

        A device held at eye level to see the movie and glance at the words as they are spoken!  How great for those with hearing loss! 

        The Sunday afternoon audience...canes, walkers, and mobile scooters nearby...have another brilliant "work-around" for their bodily limitations.

No comments:

Post a Comment