Sunday, August 14, 2016

Is iPhone Sensitive to its User's Feelings?


       I like that my iPhone, when it tells me the battery is low, gives me just one thing to click on:  "Dismiss."  It might have been "Close" or an "X" to click on.

       It's like saying, "We don't want to bother you any longer.  Just get rid of us."

       I associate the word with an officer in the military telling those under him who've completed an inspection or heard their orders:  "Dismissed."

       Or maybe a principal in grade school, having called you in for a reprimand, at the end of the interview saying, "You're dismissed.  Go back to your classroom."

       I guess I appreciate the "low battery" warning, but it does unnerve me a bit.  I am glad I can get back at the messenger with a "Scram!  Get outta here."     

        

No comments:

Post a Comment