Thursday, January 14, 2016

What are YOUR two most intimate . . .?


       Is it the time?  I think it may be.  To pick up my blog again.  Just as a young girl captured on home video over 3 years ago crying that she didn't want any more "Bronco Bama" went viral and caught my fancy to refer to it in my very first blog entry, now another winning bit of language flashes across the horizon to prompt this post from my state of intermittancy.

       Patt Morrison does wonderful interviews for the L.A. Times on noteworthy but often surprising figures who have real impact on our world. Now Patt is doing those interviews in podcasts as well as for the eyes.  The headline on today's column in the Times is "I ask, you can listen," and the first words in one of her final paragraphs knocked me for a loop because it got me where I live:

"Two of the most intimate orifices in the human body are your ears."

Entirely unexpected and wonderfully true.  Now we can catch all the nuances of her interviewees' words by the tentacles of our inner ears.  I gathered-in L.A.'s police chief that way today and heard a lot more humanity in those words and easy but serious responses than I've realized before from his quotes in print.

       Patt's got it, and Patt's got me by my two "most intimate orifices."

(The podcast appears each Wednesday at this location.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment