Monday, January 5, 2015

Names? I've got two or three for you.


        I told Kineetha our dental technician that  I came up with a way to remember the new dentist's name, "a Door Jamb" because his name is Dr. Adorjan.

       Thinking about names while Kineetha cleaned, I recalled that someone I knew who worked with student records at the University of Minnesota told me the funniest name she came across in the thousands and thousands she'd seen was . . . Assinida Willinshitter.  Kineetha laughed, and I couldn't keep from it even while Kineetha resumed. 

       As I left, I realized I didn't know the long-time receptionist's name.  I asked.  "Dina," she said. "Dina?" I said. "No.  Dina."  "D-I-N-A?" I spelled.  "No.  GEEE-na."  "Oh, Gina," said I, "I've got a 2 o'clock hearing appointment too."  Lots of laughter from GINA.

       And I had it.

No comments:

Post a Comment