Monday, January 19, 2015

"Hygiene"


       My dental technician ended her recent hour with me by saying, “Your hygiene is very good as usual.”  I was complimented, of course.  But I had a niggling reservation for some reason.

       I just realized it’s because “hygiene” had a different meaning earlier in my life.  I think maybe we studied hygiene in 7th or 8th grade.  It had more to do with personal body cleanliness, as I recall it.
 
       Oh, well, my teeth are personal, albeit half manufactured, and it is something I personally take care of, gladly, (now that I’m retired and have time to do it).  So “hygiene very good”?  compliment received, compliment taken!

       Word does come from Greek, and a Goddess was named it, Hygeia, “healthy living.”

              [To find what kids in their teens ARE thinking about re                                "hygiene basics," visit this cite.


No comments:

Post a Comment