Wednesday, January 21, 2015

"Hop in the icebox, give mir a glaz milk."


      Got a good few hours of peaceful sleep due to my doc's nice prescription for a liquid medicine. It had 3.8 per cent alcohol and some codeine to help me sleep to shake some leftover symptoms from the flu.

       I woke up, but feeling good, half way through the night and decided another couple teaspoons wouldn't hurt.

       All I could think of was the anecdote our company clerk told me during Korea.  He had worked as a bus boy in the Catskills, and he smilingly remembered the little old Jewish lady who in the late evening would call him over and say, "Hop in the ice box, give mir a glaz milk."  It was a nice night-cap for her.

       For this little old Jewish guy, the cherry-flavored liquid was filling the bill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment