Thursday, April 2, 2020

This snack does double duty


        In the midst of our wonders and worries about coronavirus, things like this keep happening.

        I gave Connie a kiss or three and wished her a good night's sleep (I usually go off to dreamland a couple hours later),  and she asked if I had a munchie.  Since I myself just ate half of something I had put away in the freezer, I said:

       "Would you like half a Drumstick?" (the sweet, ice cream cone-like confection I slice lengthwise down the middle to reduce the fat and cholesterol).  She looked sort of upset and a bit dismayed.  Thinking she didn't quite hear, I repeated it a little louder.

        "Oh, a Drumstick," she said, "I thought you said 'dumpster.'"
     
        Age does bring some mishearing, but the other side of it is delight.


        

No comments:

Post a Comment