Monday, April 27, 2020

Hooked! A Minnesota Fish Story


       
         I told Connie my "Life's Little Instruction Calendar" today said, "Get to know a woman who baits her own hook." 

        Three times she was puzzled,  couldn't quite hear those last words.  When she finally got them, I said, "You were one of those women."  I remembered her dad made her learn to put the worm on the hook on one of those 10,000 Minnesota lakes each summer.  Connie smiled and said, "Yes, and gut the fish too."

        I told her I had an extension to that instruction that goes it one better.  "What's that?"  Connie said.

        "Get to know a woman who baits her own hook and knows what it's intended to catch."  This time Connie smiled big right away.
        
        "And you swallowed it," she said. 

        Yep.  I married that woman too.



         

No comments:

Post a Comment