Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Corruption, Mr. Hashtag.


       When our home phone wasn't working and I needed to be in touch with a person, my son texted me to call the person from my smart phone and tell him to use "that #" if he wanted to reach me.

        I texted my son back, thanked him, and then texted:  "Everything gets corrupted.  Even the lowly sign for number or pound I almost mistook at first in your message for #."

       What happened here was I spoke that text into my smartphone, said the word "hashtag," and the smart phone converted it into the hashtag symbol, which in my "lexicon" should be the symbol for "number" or for "pound."

       Corruption.  Corruption everywhere, Mr. Hashtag. 
       And forgive me for forgetting "tictactoe"  # !









      

No comments:

Post a Comment