Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Crazed by the Winds


       The Santa Anas have got us.  Those dry mostly hot but can-be-cold winds off the desert.  Blow loud, blow long, blow things over.  And boy, they can also drive you a little nuts.

       There are the Mistrals in France, the Siroccos in Libya, the Khamsins in Egypt, the Chinooks in the Rocky Mountains.  We in Southern California have Santa Anas, or, as I say, they have got us.

       I am about to enter my local weather prediction in the Local Conditions website.  It's probably safe to say what I'm predicting will happen.  But they may think my forecast frivolous, pedestrian, or just not a real weather prediction.  This has only stopped them once from accepting my contributions:

       "Forecast:

       "Santa Ana winds followed by wakefulness, agitation, and slightly crazed behavior."



No comments:

Post a Comment