Saturday, October 31, 2015

The product is less dangerous than the accompanying manual.


       I got the new toaster at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  It said, "SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS"  in the booklet that came with it; so I've saved them.

       It says, "Before Using for the First Time," I should do seven things, by the number.  Number 7 mentions running the toaster once or twice without bread "to burn off any manufacturing residue."  Then these words immediately follow:

"You may notice a light amount of smoke; this is normal and will stop as the heating elements continue to heat. bowl first.  Start with the lowest setting and gradually increase as the cream begins to thicken."

       I'm glad I've saved these instructions.  They're useful to me.   Just maybe not the way the manufacturer imagined.

       


No comments:

Post a Comment