Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Carl Sandburg, Weather Forecaster


       In an antic mood after looking up the weather on my localconditions.com website, I decided to send something to them since they allow for a forecast from their customers about our own neighborhood weather.

       This popped into my mind almost unbidden but instantaneously:  "The fog comes on little cat feet."  I smiled and sent it.   

       Last time, they let my "prediction" stay published ; so we'll see if this time they think it's neither "abusive" nor "disrespectful." 

       The Carl Sandburg poem the line came from in toto:

                                       FOG

                              The fog comes
                              on little cat feet.

                              It sits looking
                              over harbor and city
                              on silent haunches
                              and then moves on.

 

(My "forecast" was published here.  Scroll down to bottom of page.  The report or prediction is retained only for a few days.  I'm glad they've                                               got a sense of humor.)

No comments:

Post a Comment