Friday, April 10, 2015

"Perfect"

 
        There's a Starbucks barista, whenever I order WHATEVER I order, he perkily bursts out, "Perfect!"   He's the first I heard do this.  I thought it was unique, surprising for sure, and lo and behold, I felt complimented I'd made that choice!!  (And it happens every time.)

        The other day, another restaurant,  my son and I ordering something at a counter,  I again received the ultimate praise.   How discerning can I BE?    How dumb can THIS be?   (Yet I felt, "I ordered the right thing!")

        Just today, called our tax accountant.   Secretary said he was with another client, could he call me back?  "Sure," I said.  "Perfect," she said.  Now, what state of perfection was it that I was able to receive a return call?   (Beginning to think this "perfect" thing is noisome.)    

No comments:

Post a Comment