Friday, April 3, 2015

"OH-oh"


       Me calling our tax accountant's office:  "I'm late on getting our taxes in.  My wife usually does it, but she had an accident and surgery, and unfortunately, I'm doing it this year."

       The receptionist had a wonderful response:  "OH-oh."

       I laughed that she was agreeing with me, but maybe more than that.  It was a little like "Oh, a man's doing it.  Look out.  This incompetence was not due only to inexperience but inherent incapacity."  The thought of that made me laugh louder.   It seemed she didn't have the slightest idea that she might be insulting a client; just acknowledging the obvious and well known.

       Oh, it's a different world these days and a healthier one.  The "OH-oh" was satire at its best.  And I had opened myself up for it with the "unfortunately."

No comments:

Post a Comment