Saturday, February 28, 2015

Distraught . . .


       When a patient is leaving a hospital, he or she goes through dis____?

       Funny how the other day the word I came up with was "dispatch."  Well, one is being dispatched into another state regarding one's health.  But I knew that wasn't the word I was looking for.

       The next thing I came up with was "disgorge."  Wait a minute.  Though that might be what's happening, someone's kind of being "spit out" of the system, that wasn't right either, and it sounded horrible.

       (Need I go back to my post connecting "gargle" and "gargoyle" as both coming from the same root meaning "throat"?  And "gorge" too.)

       But of course, of COURSE.  The word I was looking for was "discharge."  Why do I need to go round Robin Hood's Barn to get where I'm going??

No comments:

Post a Comment