Saturday, May 17, 2014

A New Day and Age with Smartphones


       Witness yesterday's blog post (which see, please).  I could record my idea immediately while standing in the aisle at Bed, Bath, and Beyond.  Clicking on "Voice Memo" in my iPhone I spoke a few words  swiftly, "Remember, 'Serutan' spelled backwards is 'Nature's,' etc."  

       However, when I had to supply a text title for my voice memo, I used the microphone icon to speak the title, "Tums Spelled Backwards is Smut,"  articulating the final word clearly enough for the genius machine to make out the unusual word and translate it to text perfectly for me.  As my son David texted me when I wrote him what iPhone had done with it, "Yes, there are still a few hitches with Voice Recognition."

       What iPhone gave me back as my title was "Tums Spelled Backwards is Some Butt"!

No comments:

Post a Comment