Monday, December 30, 2013

Misleading Label Again


       I probably wouldn't have gone for an ice cream called "Black Raspberry" as Connie did, not being attracted to fruity flavors, but might have been lured by the rest of its name "Dark Chocolate Chunk."

       Since I was out of my own ice cream, I tried hers and found the "chunks" tiny and disappointing.  I looked back at the cover label and read in smaller print "pieces of dark chocolate folded into..." "pieces" already being a reduction from "chunks," but what was inside would not have been misnamed "bits" or even "specks."

       If you're going to call something "chunk," remember the sound and heft as well as image of that;  I imagined mini-iceberg size chocolate fragments, not dainty dots, especially with most of the container covered in a rich deep brown! 

      


No comments:

Post a Comment